Hey, Myself Dr. Isha Sharma. I am an avid food lover, not so voracious reader ( although I am enjoying recent addition of this hobby). I am a researcher by profession, but I feel deep desire to share what I have experienced. Really looking forward for enriching and insightful discussion with my readers.
Being a researcher i generally explore area of reproductive biology, Metabolic disorders, diabetes associated renal disorders. I love reading, exploring new places. I would encourage my reader to submit their topic of interest on what to write for upcoming post.. I would certainly try my best to cover all those topics. Love and Blessing: Isha sharma
New passion: Love to explore life ( scientifically and spiritually). I enjoy my morning yoga and HIIT sessions. Want to be more caring and sharing.
Add Your Past Experiences
- Sharma I, Deng F, Kanwar YS. Modulation of Renal Injury by Variable Expression of Myo-Inositol Oxygenase (MIOX) via Perturbation in Metabolic Sensors. Biomedicines 2020, 8, 217 (IF-4.717)
- Sharma I, Deng F, Liao Y, Kanwar YS. Myo-inositol oxygenase (miox) overexpression drives the progression of renal tubulo-interstitial injury in diabetes. Diabetes 2019 (IF-7.217 Accepted (Featured as highlighted article in the issue of June)).
- Tominaga T, Sharma I, Fujita Y, Doi T, Wallner AK, Kanwar YS. Myo-inositol oxygenase accentuates renal tubular injury initiated by endoplasmic reticulum (er) stress. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2019 Feb 1;316(2):F301-F315.
- Sharma I, Tupe RS*, Wallner AK, Kanwar YS. Contribution of myo-inositiol oxygenase in AGE-RAGE-mediated renal tubulointerstitial injury in the context of diabetic nephropathy. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2018 Jan 1;314(1):F107-F121.
- Sharma I, Dutta RK, Singh NK, Kanwar YS. High Glucose-Induced Hypomethylation Promotes Binding of Sp-1 to Myo-Inositol Oxygenase: Implication in the Pathobiology of Diabetic Tubulopathy. Am J Pathol. 2017 Apr; 187(4):724-739.
- Sharma, I. Monga, R. Singh, N. Datta, T. K. and Singh, D. Ovary- specific novel peroxisome proliferator activated receptors-gamma transcripts in buffalo. Gene. 2012 Aug 10;504(2):245-52
- Sharma, I. and Singh, D. Conjugated linoleic acid inhibits FSH stimulated cells proliferation, IGF-1, aromatase and estradiol production in buffalo granulosa cells involving PPARg, PTEN and AKT pathway: Possible mechanism of fertility regulation by dietary Conjugated linoleic acid. Reproduction. 2012 Sep;144(3):373-83.
- Wasnik S, Sharma I, Baylink DJ, Tang X. Vitamin D as a Potential Therapy for Multiple Sclerosis: Where are we? Int. J. Mol. Sci .
- Neerukonda M, Pavuluri S, Sharma I, Kumar A, Sailasree P, Lakshmi BJ, Sharp JA, Kumar S. Functional evaluation of a monotreme specific anti-microbial protein, EchAMP in transgenic mice against experimentally induced mastitis. Transgenic research 2019.
- Deng F, Sharma I, Dai Y, Yang M, Kanwar YS. Modulation of ferroptosis by myo-inositol oxygenase expression profile. J. Clin. Investig. 2019. doi: 10.1172/JCI129903 (IF- 12.7).
- Kumar A, Parveen S, Sharma I, Pathak H, Deshmukh MV, Sharp JA, Kumar S. Structural and mechanistic insights into EchAMP: A antimicrobial protein from the Echidna milk. Biochim Biophys Acta Biomembr. 2019 Jun 1;1861(6):1260-1274.
- Dutta RK, Kondeti VK, Sharma I, Chandel NS, Quaggin SE, Kanwar YS. Beneficial Effects of Myo-Inositol Oxygenase Deficiency in Cisplatin-Induced AKI. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017 May;28(5):1421-1436 .
- Monga R, Sharma I, Datta TK and Singh D. Characterization of serum-free buffalo granulosa cell culture and analysis of genes involved in terminal differentiation from FSH-to LH-responsive phenotype. Domest Anim Endocrinol. 2011 Nov;41(4):195-206.